My WVC partner and I generally don’t take on new clients. But I still love to write and edit, and he still loves to make things beautiful. Ask us about this: hello AT wellversedcreative DOT com.
Recent writing and press
These days, I mostly edit and manage — rewarding but invisible work! That said, I do write for The Community Company and oversee our content initiatives, and I contribute thought leadership in the area of content creation and marketing. Here are some recent highlights:
- How to Be a Better Editor: Be Direct But Be Kind: An interview I did with Managing Editor magazine.
- Why the world’s best companies are putting accountability, transparency and people management before profit: Feature I wrote including input from founders Susan LaMotte, Lindsey Pollak, Beth Monaghan, David Hassell, Rob Nelson and Frederick Townes.
- How to build a high-impact startup: A magazine feature I penned for YEC Quarterly on Jeremy Johnson, Ryan Allis, Carrie Rich and others
- Why self-promotion endangers your brand and how to avoid it: One of a series of blog posts I’m crafting on strategizing your content marketing efforts.
- Secrets from Successful Content Marketers: A blog post from the RepCap team’s Lee V. Price featuring several content marketing experts, including yours truly.
- Making brand magic with the King of Pops: A magazine feature on YEC’er Steven Carse from the first edition of YEC Quarterly.
- 4 Amazing Young Entrepreneurs
- What We Know So Far About ACOs
- 5 Questions to Ask Before Starting a Business With Your Spouse
- How Women Can Harness Their Power to Shape the Future of Work
- The One Thing Thought Leaders Must Understand About Their Customers
- The Missing 98%
- Schedule Your First “Pessimistic Monday” Morning?
- Understanding Tone: How to Hit the Right Notes in Your Writing
- 5 Principles of Successful Business in the Transformation Decade
My husband Luis Cortes is a very talented artist, and also my partner at WVC. For several years, we specialized in conceiving, designing and developing 100 percent custom WordPress sites, like Paul the Counsellor‘s business site and blog, Jennifer Gresham’s Everyday Bright (which has gotten many accolades for originality and use of “white” space, including this) and La Muerta’s e-commerce site, to name a few. Now he mostly makes art, art directs other people making art, and builds really big important websites for huge companies. And surfs.